Once your child is scheduled to have a sleep study, Teddy Bear Sleep Services will send you an information pack including the date and time of your child’s sleep study, and patient information from St Vincent’s Private Hospital East Melbourne.
Please fill in the patient information including the registration and preadmission health questionnaire and send back in the self addressed and stamped envelope provided.
Your child will be admitted to the paediatric ward and will sleep in a private bedroom. Only one adult is allowed to stay overnight and a bed is provided.
Sleep studies are performed Monday through to Thursday.
Teddy Bear Sleep Services will forward a copy of your child’s Sleep Study Report to your referring doctor. A full report is usually sent out within 2 weeks. No results will be given out until a paediatric sleep physician has evaluated the sleep study.
- Sleep study appointments will be confirmed the week before. If you need to reschedule contact 9805 4353 during business hours.
- Your child must be well at the time of the sleep study. Colds or tonsillitis can significantly affect the sleep study results. If your child is unwell you need to contact 9805 4353 (9-4:30pm business hours) to reschedule. After hours please phone the Paediatric Ward on 9928 6300 or 9928 6856. If there is no response please call the Clinical Coordinator on 9928 6812.
- Cancellation fees may apply so please advise of cancellation as soon as possible
- Continue with usual daytime routines (including daytime naps)
- You may wish to have dinner at home before coming in for the sleep study
(Zouki café closes at 6pm)
- A light supper is provided (sandwiches/fruit) for child and parent/caregiver
- Bring along favourite DVDs/games/toys
- Set-up takes about 1 hour
- You will be woken at 6am and discharged by 7am
- Breakfast is not provided, however the Zouki cafe is open in the morning.